Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Honey Hunt by Miki Aihara

Title: Honey Hunt
Mangaka: Miki Aihara
Age Group: Older Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 3
My Rating: 5/5

You would think life is dainty and fab if you have both parents as world-wide famous celebrities. Not for young Yura tho. Everyone expects her to be like her parents, confident and talented when she is nowhere near that level! She is a timid girl that wishes everyone to leave her alone so she is able to do her own thing.

If only life is just like that, but her family life is more twisted up than they are reported on the news. Her mother is a completely heartless bitch who lies endlessly and is having an affair with Yura's boyfriend/tutor! While her father is somewhere on the other side of the world with his mistress and they are about to have a baby! Oh the drama!

Yura is finally frustrated with everything after her mother bought a new mansion and having Yura's ex moving in. She decided to take things into her own hands and become an actress so she can beat her mother. She ran into many problems and she may have fallen in love!

I will not completely dish out everything and since I haven't read the last chapter of the second volume nor the third altogether, I shall say from what I know. This manga is simply amazing compared to Hot Gimmick in my opinion. It has plenty of twists and turns. I'm crossing my fingers that Yura will end up with Haruka instead of his brother. (You'll see what kind of parts they play if you check it out). In Hot Gimmick, the ending was very disappointing and it was up to like 12 volumes I believe. I'm sure the ending of this one will satisfy me but so far, the rating I give will be up the 9th chapter. I can't wait for the next one to be released on onemanga.com. All hard-core shojo fans should definitely check it out!

post signature

No comments: