Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dance of the Assassins by Herve Jubert

Title: Dance of the Assassins
Author: Herve Jubert
Age Group: Older Teens
# of Pages: 505
My Rating: 2/5

Jack the Ripper is back. But in this modern world. Why and how is such a murderer brought back to life? Miss Roberta Morgenstern is a witch that is sent out to check this case. Tag along with Clement Martineau who is a police assistant, new to working on the field inside of just reading behind a book. They go through London, Paris, Venice, and Tenochtitlan trying to track down the murderer. As their case advances, it starts to entangle back several centuries and the Devil himself.

I have to say, this is one heck of a confusing book. (Reason why my review for this is extremely short). I've been reading it for a month now and finally finished it today. I guess because I'm a fast reader, I didn't pick up as fast on the situation. It was half way through the book that I realized the setting is of modern world. I was so confused about some parts that I was thinking it may have taken place in the past. It is a teen book but if you ask me, someone who is older would likely have a better understanding of it than a teen. I will not recommend it unless you like complex situations and read every single word carefully, cause I still don't understand half of the things that occurred in the book.

post signature

No comments: