Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Yume Kira Drea Shoppe by Aqua Mizuto

Title: Yume Kira Dream Shoppe
Mangaka: Aqua Mizuto
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 185
# of Volumes: 1
My Rating: 4/5

Do you have a wish? Of course you do silly. Everyone does. Come into Yume Kira Dream Shoppe, my dear. For all of your wildest dreams come true. The price? The most dearest thing that belongs to you.

The shopkeeper Rin has many imported magical devices that comes into his (or her for real gender is unknown) store. Beings of all kind will accidentally drop by his store, having a wish. This is a one shot but has four different stories with different characters each.

The Sound That Brings Blossoms: A tree that can not blossom and contain only leaves falls in love with a human. The tree is in front of the hospital and always hear the young musician play his music, inspiring it to be strong. Rin comes by, beckoned by it. It wishes to become a human. Given the Moon Maiden's Tears potion, it can take on any form it wishes for ten days. If her dream comes true, she will be able to stay human forever. But would it?

Beyond the Red Eye: Noa Ozawa is an extremely shy girls that has a crush on the boy, Yuki. She only speaks to her stuffed rabbit plushie, Alpha, about it. Alpha longs to be able to speak and move freely so he can communicate with his owner. Rin comes and offers the Space Garnet, a gem that allows anything to move and speak as it desires. Will Alpha be able to courage his owner into confessing her feelings to the boy she likes?

A Promise to a Grain of Time: A girl suddenly appears in front of Rin's shop, not knowing who she is and why she was in the hospital earlier. Her wish is to turn back time, so she can remember who she is and what recently happened to her that made her forget about her life. Is she able to change her future using King's Hourglass?

The Labyrinth Wave of Dreams: Koyoru Hino likes the school's cute, Eito. She tries to come in contact with him but all of his other fangirls get to him before her and she doesn't have the courage to push through. Suddenly, she is in the middle of the sea and gets picked up on a pirate ship, leading to Rin's shop. She wants to enter Eito's dreams and tell him how she feels. Given the three Nightmare Candies, she has to eat one each time before bed and she can take any form she wish to enter someone's dreams. After, she is able to choose any of the three forms to be if she like. Which form will she choose? A waitress in a rollerblade cafe, a popstar, or a girl with jet black hair?

I got to say, my favourite story is the first one with the tree. I find it very touching. This manga is very adorable and so is the artwork. Though I really want to know what the real gender of Rin is!! I think I'll check out this mangaka later. Shojo fans, go look for this cute manga that is full of hope and courage!

post signature

1 comment:

Liviania said...

This one fell kind of flat for me - they were cute stories, but I enjoy a bit of an overarching story too.