Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Devil Within by Ryo Takagi

Title: The Devil Within
Mangaka: Ryo Takagi
Age Group: Older Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 2
My Rating: 5/5

Rion stumbled onto an uncensored film when she was a young girl that belonged to her father. Being traumatized for life, she grows up to believe that all men are devils! She then grows to have a shota complex (meaning, she "likes" younger boys).

Rion is missing her childhood friend and first love, Ko-kun, when she accidentally bumps into an adorable boy who looks exactly like him! The new boy lives on the floor under her in her apartment by the name of Tenshi (also known as "angel" in Japanese") Kogi and Rion just have discover her newfound love!

All happy and giddy, she came home to find that her father have found three suitors for her! And she must choose one of these handsome teenage guys as her husband! What to do when all of your life you shun the older opposite sex?? Add a little twist with some supernatural causes and you have chaos!

This manga totally appealed to me by a long shot. In a sense, it is more of a pleasure manga where you get to oogle at the hot character drawings. Haha, which I say I love most in my mangas. The plot is quite simple so I don't suggest it if you are not into the quick stuff with a jam of random bishonen (beautiful boys). I am so happy that there are only two volumes in this series and I am totally getting the second one when I go to the anime store this weekend! I am also going to check out the mangaka yaoi (boy x boy) works also cause this one have convinced me to totally pick up the rest of her (his?) works!

post signature

1 comment:

addicted reader said...

Hey! I have a reward for you at my blog, http://reviewabook123.blogspot.com!
Come check it out!