Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

In My Mailbox - I

I have decided to join the fun of doing a weekly post of "In Your Mailbox". Started by The Story Siren, it is where the blogger post about what books they have received in the mail, borrowed from the library, or bought. So I shall always do it in these three categories! Mine would be from last Sunday until Saturday. Therefore you won't know what I got this Sunday until next Sunday! Okay, moving on!

The Borrowed



D. Gray-Man vol. 3-4 by Katsura Hoshino
Dragon Head vol. 9-10 by Minetaro Mochizuki
Eyeshield 21 vol. 4 by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata
.hack//xxxx vol. 1 by Hiroshi Matsuyama and Megane Kikuya
Kamichama Karin vol. 5-6 by Koge Donbo
Kekkaishi vol. 1 by Yellow Tanabe
Kingdon Hearts II vol. 2 by Shiro Amano
KonKon Kokon vol. 1 by Koge Donbo
N A N A vol. 6-9 by Ai Yazawa
Sugar Princess vol. 1 by Hisaya Nakajo
Vidia and the Fairy Crown by Haruhi Kato

The Bought



The Devil Within vol. 2 by Ryo Takagi

The Received




Naruto vol. 29-30 (DVD)

Okay, the last one is not a book but Viz have sent it for me to review. So if there are movies/shows that I have received to review, I will also put it up! It will be awhile before I put the Naruto review up because I'm going back where I left off (which is eight more episodes) before I start watching. Reason: I like to watch things in order.

Yeah, as you can see, I have no novels in the bunch whatsoever. Sad eh? I even accidentally borrowed a few mangas I've already read! But I removed those from the list. This is why there aren't many novel reviews lately. No worries, I'm about to finish one soon but for now, I will likely upon another manga review by tonight or tomorrow from one of the above.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I know exactly where to go for new manga's to try out, lol. Hi i'm Book~Adorer. I've fallen in love with the series Kitchen Princess and have been looking for something like that to read while waiting for the next book. Do you have any suggestions? You can find my email on my site or just comment. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!