Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Heaven's Will by Satoru Takamiya

Title: Heaven's Will
Mangaka: Satoru Takamiya
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: Approx. 200
# of Volumes: 1
My Rating: 4/5

You either believe in the supernatural or you don't. Sudou Mikuzu is a person who is scared of such. Of course it is natural for a girl to dislike things of horror. Sadly, the horror is Sudou's reality. She has a special ability to see the dead and otherworldly creatures. To make it worse, they are constantly drawn to her!

While running away from a pursuing monster, she reaches the "haunted mansion". There, she finds a beautiful blonde girl named Seto. No wait, she's a boy?? Well, he is able to exorcise spirits and is the master of a handsome lone vampire named Kagari, who can turn into a wolf. In return for getting rid of Sudou's ghosts everytime they chase her, she has to give Seto cake everyday! During her time with the two, Sudou finds out a secret that may change her perspective about her new friends forever...

In the beginning, I wasn't drawn to the plot. It wasn't attention grabbing. It lacks action, comedy, and romance in my eyes. But it earned its ratings because of the characters. I was looking forward to see how each one would develop. The mangaka builds up the tension, making you wonder if Sudou will fall in love. Sadly to say that since there is only one volume, not a lot of events have occurred. I am quite disappointed because it gets better as I continued reading and then the author suddenly left it hanging. Two volumes would have been a perfect wrap up. Or three to give it more plot lines and possible twists. It has great potential if more thought was added to it. I hope this manga will be picked up again but I doubt it'll happen. Heaven's Will is a cute and touching story, you just need to have a bit of patience so you can grow to like it.

Review copy provided by Viz.

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will discuss. [url=http://cgi3.ebay.fr/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=acheter_levitra_ici_1euro&achat-levitra]le levitra[/url] You are absolutely right. In it something is also thought good, I support.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.