Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: Bride Wars

Title: Bride War
Type: Movie
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2009
My Rating: 4.5/5

All of their life, Liv (Kate Hudson) and Emma (Anne Hathaway) have been dreaming of their perfect wedding. Liv is a successful lawyer at a big company and Emma is a teacher at an elementary school. Both have contrasting personalities; Liv likes to do things her way and will do anything to obtain what she wants, while Emma is soft-spoken and thinks the best of everyone. Nothing can tear the two best friends apart! Or so they thought.

Both lovely ladies are proposed to (finally!) by their boyfriends. Yay! ...Right?

They go to reserve at the Plaza Hotel, a location they wanted to hold their weddings since forever. Apparently, their dates got mixed up and the new brides are going to have their special day on the same day! Chaos and appearance-killing plans let loose when the two new rivals try to ruin the other one's wedding!

I went to watch this movie with a couple of friends last night and I was definitely not disappointed! I love both characters and the plot of the movie. Both Liv and Emma are unique in their own way letting their position stand out. There is plenty of humour and a few emotional moments. It's interesting to see how Anne tackles on this role of Emma. She has gone a long way since the Princess Diaries and I think she is a fantastic actress. (I adore her in Get Smart!) I'm sure almost every girl would love this new chick flick! I know I do as it is one of my new favourite movies! I totally recommend it to the fans of 27 Dresses (another fantastic wedding movie).

post signature

No comments: