Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

In Too Deep by Jennifer Banash

Title: In Too Deep
Author: Jennifer Banash
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 246
My Rating: 4/5

Leaving off at from The Elite, Casey and Drew are now officially an "item". Madison is staying low, pretending that she is fine with the their relationship. But inside, she is scheming to get back at them both. No one humiliates Madison Macallister and gets away with it. All she needs is a little sweet revenge. And a modelling gig may be her key to do so...

Sophie discovers that all of her life has been a lie. Accepting the truth is hard. She decides for her sweet sixteen, she will hold a big party. A very big party. One that will be aired on T.V. If she is going to face reality, why not do it in an extravagant way?

Phoebe does not want to end up like her mother, a liar. But Sophie's brother, Jared, is just so... amazing. She can not help but to sneak out and meet with him every other day. As long as Sophie doesn't know, it's okay right? In the meantime, she finds out who her mother has been seeing behind her back. And if it's not already shocking as is, Phoebe receives a big surprise when the mystery man is unveiled.

Drew is over Madison. Completely over her...Right? Not! Drew is now confused with his feelings because he is still attracted to the beautiful model-to-be Madison. But with Casey now in the picture, what should he do?

Unlike The Elite, In Too Deep starts focusing more on the rest of the group instead of just Casey. Which I think is much better anyway because Casey's side of the story is not interesting. For everyone else, it is purely scandalous. I couldn't help but devoured the Gossip Girl-like affairs because everything that was happening made me gasped every other chapter. It made the story quite enjoyable.

The very first thing that surprised me when I started reading was the fact that Casey still hung around with Madison since the last novel. I mean, the last chapter of The Elite gave a concrete thought to any reader that the two would never talk to each other again. It didn't really make sense but I guess it played out. And another surprising thing was Madison's personality toward the modelling shoot. I expected her to be all confident about it and shockingly, she was not at all. In Too Deep shows a different side to your classic bitch.

A little disappointment for me was that the characters' relationships with each other still hadn't gone deeper. I was pretty annoyed because it would have been great to see how much more the characters would have grown then. Then again, I guess it would have been a little difficult to do that considering the story is focusing on so many characters at once.

Overall, In Too Deep is filled with more scandal and more drama than ever. It's a read where you can enjoy in your mind because it's like its own show! If you love Gossip Girl, yes, pick this up! But before then, check out The Elite first!

Won copy from Life, Words, & Rock 'n' Roll.

post signature

3 comments:

Liviania said...

I do like Madison. She's more real that most of the bitch girls you find in teen books.

The Book Resort said...

Love this series!

Diana Dang said...

@Liv: That's true, she is more real compared to the other stuck-up girls.

@Diane: It's a nice series! =)