Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: Blood: The Last Vampire

Title: Blood: The Last Vampire
Type:
Movie
Age Group:
Teens +
Release Year: 2001
My Rating:
4/5

Saya is a young female huntress who goes after demons. Her weapon is a katana (Japanese sword) and her skill is phenomenal.


She enrols into a Japanese school to keep check on the demons that are running free. During Halloween night, she encounters two demons disguised as humans. Scaring the hell out of the school nurse, Saya kills one of them before the other escapes.


Follow Saya as she slays demons in this hit animation in a world of terror and supernatural!


This is a quick anime movie that action enthusiasts will enjoy. There is a lot of mystery surrounding Saya and unfortunately, will never be revealed.

Characters background are never going to be looked into as the movie is pure action that follows Saya through one of her demon-slaying days.
I really liked the fact how it switches back and forth on Japanese and English because the American military is involved. Though I am very annoyed how I can not learn more about Saya. She came and went, making me wished there was a sequel to it. If I have to relate something to it, Blood: The Last Vampire is similar to the anime bits in Kill Bill with the blood spewing scenes. So yes, Kill Bill fans will like this one.

post signature

4 comments:

Liviania said...

I really liked this one back in junior high. But it does end abruptly. I always hoped there would be a sequel.

Diana Dang said...

I know! I hope there will be some sort of sequel!

Unknown said...

I loved this one and the anime! have you seen the live version? it SUCKED!! I was really hoping it'd be good :(

Diana Dang said...

I haven't seen the live yet. D: I'm thinking of it but I don't know if I'll get around to it. ><