Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

In My Mailbox (Vlog) - I

To do your own In My Mailbox, please check out how to at The Story Siren!



The Borrowed

Dragon Drive vol. 12 by Ken-ichi Sakura
N A N A vol. 13 by Ai Yazawa
Violet by Design by Melissa Walker
America's Next Top Model (forgot to show)

The Bought

None

The Received

Monster by A. Lee Martinez
Never Slow Dance with a Zombie by E. Van Lowe
Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert
How It Works by Laura Weiss

I received some awards but since there are so many posts to go through, I'll just give my thanks to the individuals here. Thanks to: MissAttitude, Leslie, Tynga, and Casey for the lovely blog awards! :D Hopefully I didn't forget anyone!

Yes, all giveaways will end on August 31/09! You guys still have time to enter them all! :) There are only two more this week so stay tune!

Oh! I forgot to mention! I'm heading to California for a week of vacation this Saturday! Yay! No worries, I will have tons of reviews scheduled up!

post signature

10 comments:

Thao said...

You're wearing the One Lonely Degree tshirt, how cuteee! Love the books you got this one, especially Ballads. Keep on doing the vblog okay ^^

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Nice shirt! You're going to love Ballads - it is soooo good!

Amber

Cindy said...

YAY! I can't wait to get ahold of Never Slow Dance With A Zombie!

Rachel said...

oooo I want to read never slow dance with zombies soooo bad lol! Nice books this week! Here is mine:

http://thebookwars.blogspot.com/2009/08/mail-box-monday-6.html

Cecelia said...

I'll definitely be looking forward to your review of Never Slow Dance With A Zombie. Enjoy reading! (and vacation!)

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Brooke Reviews said...

I loved this part of your vlog, "I haven't read any of her novels, but I know they are depressing." They are depressing, but she is a really good writer. Maybe you'll enjoy it :)

Yan said...

you vlogged!!! :D

Diana Dang said...

xD I did! And I will next week once I land in Cali! :D

vvb32 reads said...

super cool vlog! thanks for the shout out about Never Slow Dance with a Zombie!