Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Watching on Wednesday: Monsters vs Aliens

Title: Monsters vs Aliens
Type: Movie
Age Group: Youth +
Release Year: 2009
My Rating: 4.5/5

Susan (Reese Witherspoon) is a young woman who can not wait for her big wedding day. Everything is going according to plan... until a huge meteorite crashes down upon her from the sky!

Instead of expected death, she instead transforms into a giantess! Then before she knows it, she has become a "monster" in people's eyes!

No choice but to stay under captivity, Susan has no idea what the future has in stores for her as she yearns to become normal again. When she thinks that she will never see the light of day again, an alien invasion arrives on Earth! With her new powers and new monster friends, it is up to Susan to help save the world!

I think this movie is simply adorable and full of fun! I absolutely love the monsters B.O.B. (Seth Rogen), which is this blob thing, and Insectosaurus, which is this adorable but skyscraper huge bug that gets entranced by light. The things B.O.B. says can't help but make you laugh because he is just that entertaining!

In the movie, you see Susan gets freaked out by her new height in the beginning. As you watch her get involved with the monsters and the evil alien, Gallaxhar (Rainn Wilson), she learns a little more about herself. She is a character you'll love and can see a little bit of yourself of. And I think Reese Witherspoon voiced her perfectly!

Monsters vs Aliens is a fantastic movie for the family! If you like films such as Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and Monster Inc., then you should definitely check out this one!


post signature

No comments: