Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

Title: Something, Maybe
Author: Elizabeth Scott
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 224
My Rating: 5/5

Having your mother do commercials of herself half-naked is pretty humiliating. Ask Hannah. She has to deal with her mom walking around with barely any clothes on at home everyday and the fact that her father is rich by displaying his "girls" (think Playboy).

Not only does she have to deal with the embarrassment of her family but Hannah is crushing on Josh big time. Being around Josh makes her feel great but unfortunately, Finn always have to come in and ruin it when things are getting good. Doesn't he understand that she has no interest in him whatsoever?

Trying to balance out her social life and family problems, Hannah may get a little surprise out of both!

Something, Maybe is an irresistible and adorable story within a span of a little over 200 pages. I instantly liked Hannah's personality and her quirky mother, Candy Madison (I always wondered, is that her fake name she uses for work purposes?). Their relationship as mother and daughter is sweet, despite Candy's job.

Finn automatically captured my attention as well. He is sweet and doesn't give up on his interest in Hannah, which I found surprisingly attractive. With him around, he outshines Josh, even if Hannah didn't see it. Josh tend to say big things but never does anything. He is always reading these smart books to make himself look deep, but really, he isn't. Finn on the other hand knows that talking does not mean actually taking action. He is a very honest guy and I'm sure will capture most readers' love. Not to mention, for a guy he sure blushes a lot!

The story from beginning to end was charming. You also get to the emotional side of things when Hannah went to see her father after five years. It was very heart-touching and sad but fitted perfectly with everything that was going on in the novel.

For anyone who wants a quick dose of young love, overcoming family hardships, and fun, pick up Something, Maybe today!

Won ARC copy from Books By Their Cover.

post signature

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I loved Stealing Heaven and am really anxious to read more of her novels. I'll have to check this one out. Great review!

Mariana S said...

I want to read this book since like forever xD, sounds really good, and 5/5?, well I MUST read it.

Thao said...

Sounds like a fun and cute book. Glad you love it ^^