Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What I Wore to Save the World by Maryrose Wood

Title: What I Wore to Save the World
Author: Maryrose Wood
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 276
My Rating: 4.5/5

Morgan is about to enter her last year of high school. She has no flipping clue on what she wants to do later in life. Her parents decide to dish out two hundred bucks so that she is able to meet a private college counsellor so she could finally make up her mind. Odd Mr. Phineas recommends that she should try for Oxford University for mythological studies. Yes, the Oxford.


Given a free plane ticket, she is to go to England immediately for a campus tour. Except a problem arises and her sexy Irish Colin emails her a request for her to meet him at Wales immediately without a given reason. Worried and excited, Morgan takes a detour to Wales after landing at her destination to discover another mess caused by the faery realm. This time, it is no joke. This time, it could be the end of the world if she can not stop it.

In this third and last instalment of the Morgan Rawlinson series, readers will be entranced by a world of magic, love, and fun!

After waiting for months, I finally got the chance to read What I Wore to Save the World! Unsure about her future, teens could relate to Morgan's problem. Still as witty as ever, our protagonist is now on the other side of the continent (yet again) with her long-distance love and a load of magical complications to fix. Surprisingly, I didn't find myself laughing as much as I did in the first two novels. I was a little disappointed that the humour is more of chuckle-and-mental-appreciation instead of a laugh-out-loud moment. However, there is a lot more emotions and heart-felt moments involved, which I thought was perfect considering it is the last instalment.

In this novel, Morgan has to make a big decision on if she should tell Colin about her half-goddess identity or not. Of course, you would have to read it to know what happens but it makes you wonder if someone truly loves you, will they accept the secrets you have?

The ending took me by surprise because I was hoping for it to wrap up differently than it did. I didn't like it at first but when I thought about it, the author did put a nice final touch to the series.

For fans who have long waited for What I Wore to Save the World would be delighted by this enchanting tale and it would be enjoyed from beginning to end! The novel is finally out so get your copy today!

Review copy provided by
Penguin Group (Canada).

post signature

4 comments:

Natascha De Marco said...

Whats the title of the first book? xD

Diana Dang said...

Why I Let My Hair Grow Out xD

Kelsey said...

Glad you liked this- I really want to read the series!

Carolina said...

Thanks for the review! I will prob read this book next.