Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trailer Tuesday: Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey

Title: Jekel Loves Hyde
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Description: Jill Jekel has always obeyed her parents’ rules – especially the one about never opening the mysterious, old box in her father’s office. But when her dad is murdered, and her college savings disappear, she's tempted to peek inside, as the contents might be key to a lucrative chemistry scholarship.

To better her odds, Jill enlists the help of gorgeous, brooding Tristen Hyde, who has his own dark secrets locked away. As the team of Jekel and Hyde, they recreate experiments based on the classic novel, hoping not only to win a prize, but to save Tristen’s sanity. Maybe his life. But Jill’s accidental taste of a formula unleashes her darkest nature and compels her to risk everything – even Tristen’s love – just for the thrill of being… bad.



After reading Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side, I highly doubt I will pick up Jekel Loves Hyde. I mean, it is an interesting concept since there aren't many teen novels based upon Jekyll and Hyde, but since I had a really difficult time reading the author's debut, I don't think I want to go through another.

However, I love the trailer for this novel. I think this is an entry to Beth's contest that just ended yesterday?

Anyway, has anyone read Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side who ended up disliking it but when read Jekel Loves Hyde, liked this novel instead?

post signature

1 comment:

Liviania said...

I liked JGTDotDS, and want to try this one. I think half the attraction is the girl wearing glasses on the cover. ^_^