Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

Title: An Abundance of Katherines
Author: John Green
Age Group: Teens
# of Pages: 256
My Rating: 4.5/5

Colin is a teen prodigy. He has many unique attributes. Such as anagramming. And dating girls named Katherine. All which dumped him one point or another.

Moping over Katherine XIX, Colin decides that he should try to get over her by going on a road trip. With his best friend, Hassan, the two journey out to discover... well, something.

On a hilarious adventure of two friends, readers will enjoy the quirky and witty novel of An Abundance of Katherines!

I have heard many great things about John Green and I have finally got the chance to read one of his novels.

Colin is an awesome character. I mean, I do find him weird, but nonetheless awesome. He is full of useless facts and some of them are quite interesting to know cause they just add more to his personality. Hassan is the same. Both of their personalities are very contrasting so they become a fun duo when they are together.

I also like Lindsay, a girl that they end up meeting during the trip. She is the type that wants to be liked, so she tries to please everyone by making herself seem approachable and fun. However, she doesn't do it in an annoying way that most female characters do and you can definitely relate to her in some sense. I found their meeting to be quite unique because Colin and Hassan decided to start working for Lindsay's mother (who runs a tampon strings company) since they really didn't have any destination.

The cool aspect of this story is Colin's "theorem". He attempts to figure out a mathematical formula that would figure out the life of any couple's relationship. I find it quite interesting because, who wouldn't want to know how your relationship would end up like?

An Abundance of Katherines is a novel that one should definitely take on a road trip! It is funny, different, and has the right amount of romance!

post signature

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Looks like a good book :)