Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Monday Mailbox & Music Machine (May 31/10): AN10 Edition

Mailbox

Anime North

Bought (Art-Related)


Bought (Manga)


Kurohime vol. 5, 7, 9, 11 by Masanori Ookamigumi Katakura
Gakuen Prince vol. 3 by Jun Yuzuki

Freebies/Business Cards


Review


Shonen Art Studio by Yishan Li
Fairy Navigator Runa vol. 1 by Miyoko Ikeda and Michiyo Kikuta

Yes, I went to Anime North again this year! Surprisingly, I was more excited for it before and after rather than during the event. I ended up being tired and less enthused compared to last year. However, I think I did buy much more than last year! I got a couple of sketches of my characters so I'm pretty happy with that! (Though I was disappointed how one of them turned out because the artist is much more talented with drawing males rather than females. Wished I commissioned a male character of mine instead...).

I am looking forward to next year's event! Pray that the ticket at the door doesn't go up or I'll scream...

~~~

Music Machine

Title: Huh
Artist/Band: 4minute
Language: Korean
My Thoughts: The only reason why I got hooked into this song is because one of the singers look like a human replica of one of my characters for this MV. oO (1:30, looking like my Kimi Nataki). I ended up repeating the MV several times to watch her and just got into the song after.

post signature

2 comments:

Allison said...

Gosh, I love 4Minute! I've always liked them since they debuted. This has to be their best song yet. Also, the one that looks like your Kimi Nataki is Hyuna. I watched video a few times to watch her too. I like the way she dances :)

Diana Dang said...

Lol, yea I know Hyuna. xD I think I only know her out of the whole group since she did her own solo song.