Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Watching on Wednesday: Easy A

Title: Easy A
Type: Movie
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2010
My Rating: 4.5/5

Olive (Emma Stone) is just your average high school girl. That is, until one little lie turned everything upside down. To help her gay friend stop being bullied, she pretends to have slept with him at a party so he can be "straight". When it has slipped out to some kids at school that Olive only pretended to "do things", many guys come to her to boost their reputation as well.

Since Olive is not actually doing anything and just says she does, that's okay, right?

I first found out about this movie through another book blogger months back. I wasn't too clear about the plot until more trailers were released. After I found out about the synopsis, it was a must-see for me!

Olive is such a fun girl that you would want as your friend. She is the type that cares a lot for others, which is the reason why she is stuck in this predicament. She gets trapped in the cycle of lies and can't really do anything to stop it because it all builds up. All the characters in the movie add their own quirkiness to the scenes, making it enjoyable to watch altogether!

There was one character, Woodchuck (Penn Badgley) who I felt could've played a bigger role but didn't. He was simply the guy that Olive ends up with later (not a spoiler because it's so obvious). Other than that, I felt Easy A is a fantastic movie for a girls' night in!


post signature

1 comment:

Liz. R said...

I just watched this movie yesterday! I really liked it, glad you enjoyed it too. Agree about Woodchuck Todd - he could have been in it more. And I loved Olive too - thanks for the review!