Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Watching on Wednesday: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Title: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Type: Movie
Age Group: Youth +
Release Year: 2011
My Rating: 5/5

Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is back, with new adventures and new mates. His goal this time is to get to the Fountain of Youth. However, Barabossa (Geoffrey Rush), Blackbeard (Ian McShane) and Blackbeard's daughter, Angelica (Penelope Cruz), are after it too! Who will get their hands on this immortal fountain first?

For some reason, I wasn't that eager to watch the fourth movie, although I still wanted to see it. After hearing a couple of good reviews for it, I had to jump onto the bandwagon ASAP. (I want the Pirates of the Caribbean's OPI collection so bad!) And I LOVED it!

I was slightly disappointed (even though I already knew) that Eliza and Will did not appear even for a brief moment in the movie. I wanted to see what they were up to because it would be nice to just know. Luckily, the fifth movie is going to be coming out eventually so I am definitely excited for that.

Before I was a JackxEliza fan. Now I am a JackxAngelica fan! Haha, they had so much chemistry in this movie and I hope something will happen between them some more in the next!

I highly recommend this movie for those who have loved any of the PotC movies! This one definitely made up for the third one that made absolutely NO SENSE to me. So go watch it now!


post signature

No comments: