Notice for Review Requests

I receive review requests weekly. However, my personal schedule is hectic and I no longer review actively. (I also manage another blog called The Toronto Cafe and Food Blog). I do read every request sent but I apologize in advance that I do not reply to them all.

If I do take on a request, I will forewarn that it may take some time before I can review it. I am now looking to review adult fiction and self-help books instead of young adult fiction because I have grown out of it. If you are to request a review for either adult fiction or self-help, I will more likely to give it a shot.

In the meantime, Stop, Drop, and Read! serves as an archive book review blog. When I have the time, I may post a review. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Watching on Wednesday: Friends with Kids

Title: Friends with Kids
Type: Movie
Age Group: Teens +
Release Year: 2011
My Rating: 4/5

Jason (Adam Scott) and Julie (Jennifer Westfeldt) are best friends. They decide to have a baby together without the hassle of a marriage. With this arrangement, they can date whoever they wish and split the responsibilities of taking care of the child. Will it be as easy as they thought?

I was intrigued to watch this movie because I wanted something light-hearted. This movie raises questions about the contemporary mindset of having children together, without actually being together. I enjoyed watching it and it was nice to see the lives of the protagonists' friends as well. My favourite couple in the movie is definitely Leslie (Maya Rudolph) and Alex (Chris O'Dowd).

Friends with Kids is pretty much like the extended version of Friends with Benefits or No Strings Attached.


post signature

No comments: